The quality of our work is of utmost importance, and our software is no exception. As a Software Quality Assurance Tester at iFixit you will work very closely with our web development team to thoroughly test new features before deploying them live to millions of users worldwide. This entry level position is a great opportunity to get real-world experience in the software engineering industry.
You should have a keen attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Being able to communicate bugs to developers clearly and efficiently will be a critical part of your workflow.
We want you to:
- Break our software on a daily basis
- Enjoy finding bugs before our users do
- Think outside of the box to come up with your own test strategies
- Be curious about why things happen
- Have a passion for constantly learning more
- Be able to multitask in a high paced environment. We deploy code multiple times throughout the day, every day.
Our ideal candidate has some experience with the following:
- The UNIX command line
- Other web technologies
You will play a pivotal role on our development team. You have the final say on when code should be deployed live; you will be our last line of defense against bugs.
Both full-time and part-time positions are available. For students, this position requires working part-time during school and full-time during summer.
To apply: upload a PDF of your resume as well as a short PDF cover letter explaining two things: why you're badass, and why you're the ideal candidate for this job.
Bonus points if you include a description of a bug you found while browsing our site.