iFixit's staff is the focal point of a global community showing people how to fix the things they own. We believe that we can make the world better by empowering people to take control of their hardware. We are the world's foremost experts on Apple repair, and we've set the gold-standard for online repair documentation. We have already helped millions of people fix their own devices, and we plan to help tens of millions more.
iFixit is a great place to work. We have an incredible working environment, a world-class team that loves solving tough challenges, and a vision to change the world. Our team loves having fun together. We have regular barbecues, enjoy catered meals together a couple times a week (our in-house chef is dynamite), and have beer night at Spike's after farmer's market on Thursdays.
We’re looking for a Part-time Office Assistant to help keep day-to-day operations running smoothly. We need someone who is obsessively organized, has an eye for detail, can anticipate the needs of others and constantly finds ways to make the office the best place it can be for our employees.
Here are some things you can expect to do during the week:
- Order office supplies
- File paperwork and record purchase order payments
- Open and sort mail
- Set up new employees with paperwork and accounts
- Run errands
- Coordinate, set up, and clean up events (BBQs, company trips, community events, etc.)
- Schedule window cleaners
- Update birthday and anniversary calendars
An ideal candidate is someone who:
- Can work independently and efficiently
- Has the ability to learn quickly, can prioritize and mulitask
- Is high-energy, determined, and organized
- Has knowledge of MaciOS, Google Docs, and Excel
- Is approachable and works well with others
- Communicates effectively and professionally
- Is adaptable, flexible, and excited to take on new tasks
This position is available immediately at our San Luis Obispo headquarters. We are looking to fill a part-time position working between 15-20 hours per week. We require any shift to be at least 3 hours, and scheduled between 9am and 5pm Monday through Friday. Full-time hours may be available in the summer.
Please attach your resume and cover letter in PDF format and tell us why you are awesome and would be great for this position!