iFixit is the focal point of a global community of people showing people how to fix the things they own. We believe that we can make the world better by empowering people to take control of their hardware.
We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and highly satisfied customers. We're growing, and looking for highly-motivated individuals to join our team. You'll communicate with customers via phone and email. We strive to always have a live human being that's both friendly and knowledgeable answer our incoming customer phone calls and emails. Diagnosing problems and helping with installation remotely can be challenging. By testing devices and parts, you'll learn to systematically troubleshoot hardware issues in Macs, iPods, iPhones and more. When not helping customers, you'll be processing returns, testing products, evaluating new repair guides, and moderating our community.
Excellent communication skills and a willingness to learn are required.
Competence with computers is essential. We're a Mac-based business, which means experience with Macs is helpful, but not required. Integrity, reliability, and attention to detail are critical.
iFixit is a great place to work. We have an incredible working environment, a world-class team that loves solving tough challenges, and a vision to change the world. Our team loves having fun together. We have regular barbecues, enjoy a catered lunch together once a week, and have beer night at Spike's after farmer's market on Thursdays. We take the entire team to Maker Faire every year to gawk at Tesla coils and show people how to take professional repair photos.
This position is at our San Luis Obispo headquarters.
We are looking to fill one full-time position.
Compensation and Perks
- Pay: $12 to $15 per hour, DOE
- 401(k)! We match up to 4% of employee contributions after you have been employed for one year.
- Profit Sharing
- Dental, Vision, Medical, and Life Insurance! Immediate enrollment
- New Team Member Swag: shirt, toolkit, bike, headphones, and more
- Membership to SLO MakerSpace
- And much more!
- Monday through Friday
- 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Take a look at our website.
- Look over your resume and write a cover letter. Include in your cover letter why you want this job and why your skills and/or experience would be a good addition to our team. This job does require written communication, so spelling and grammar are very important.
- Submit both documents