Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a talented interface designer to lead the repair world into the 21st century. We're designing a repair experience that is usable and refined. We want to make it so easy to fix things that everyone will want to.
You'll collaborate with our team of engineers, community managers, and tinkerers throughout the design process—from figuring out what to build to crafting mockups and building the user interface. You'll be the main advocate for our users and ensure that the final product surprises and delights them.
Our devs work closely with our designers and depend on assistance with front-end work from time to time, so you’ll need to be prepared. We want you to be passionate about what you create and lead projects from start to finish. You’ll be responsible for thinking out every aspect of our software interaction and creating mockups for each scenario.
What we require
- Have a design portfolio with links to projects you have worked on
- 4+ years experience designing interfaces (that you can show us!)
- UX-centered design
- Sketch and/or Adobe suite
- Responsive web design chops
- Leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience crafting usable interfaces
- You’ve done a repair using iFixit guides
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field
- Knowledge of Git & Github
- Experience using Zeplin, Affinity Designer, VIM
- You’ve written articles or have given talks about the industry
- Prototyping experience with Invision, Pixate, or Framer
What you’ll get
We consider you family here and pride ourselves on taking care of our family members by giving you everything you need to get the job done. iFixit is an awesome place to work. Here are just some of our perks:
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance to live in SLO
- Macbook Pro, Thunderbolt display, and any software you need
- 100% employer-paid health insurance
- 401k plan with employer match
- Profit sharing
- Flexible vacation time
- Free family-style lunches twice a week
- Free fitness classes
- $400 towards a bike if you want to bike to work
- $100 towards a sweet pair of headphones
- Employee discounts
- Company-sponsored BBQs, hangouts, and summits
- Charitable contribution matching! We'll 100% match your tax deductible contributions to charity
- Did we mention you get to work in one of the happiest places in the world? Our office is located downtown within walking distance to everything!
How to apply
Package up your portfolio, links to things you’ve designed and/or coded, and tell us why you’d be perfect for the position. Apply for the position by clicking the big shiny button below.